2017 Kerri Castellini Womens Leadership Scholarship
PLEASE NOTE: HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Educated in the DMV area, trusts and estates attorney Kerri Castellini has exhibited her leadership skills since she began law school. After graduating cum laude from Loyola University as an English and Political Science major, she went on to law school at the Catholic University Columbus School of Law. It was there that she was awarded the First Lap Award during her first year of law school for her service to the community. She continued to serve as a leader as the managing editor for the Journal of Contemporary Health and Policy. In addition to working on estate and trust administration, estate planning, and guardianships, Ms. Castellini serves as a Board Member for the Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia.
Throughout the history of our nation, women have proven that they have the leadership skills to succeed despite the obstacles that have traditionally stood in the way. As a female leader in the legal field, Ms. Castellini has demonstrated that, with hard work and an education, women can accomplish great things for their community.
Ms. Castellini feels that educated women have the power to act as strong leaders both in their field and in the community at large. Thus, she is glad to sponsor the Kerri Castellini Women’s Leadership Scholarship & Essay Contest. The winner will earn a $500 scholarship to go toward her educational pursuits to help her become a strong and accomplished leader in her community.
- The applicant must be a female or female-identifying student pursuing a post-secondary education. Qualifying degrees include: associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, business school degrees, medical degrees, or law degrees offered by accredited U.S. institutions. Incoming first-year college students are also eligible to apply if they possess a valid GED or high school diploma.
- Candidates must exhibit strong leadership skills, as demonstrated by past and present educational, professional, and volunteer experiences.
- All applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, as indicated by an official academic transcript. Applications without this information will not be considered.
- Candidates shall submit a current resume that lists academic, professional, and volunteer experience, especially any leadership experience in these fields.
- A completed version of the application cover sheet (opens in PDF)
- Candidates shall also submit a 500-word essay that addresses the following prompt:
Describe an ideal woman leader in the 21st century. How do you believe that you exemplify this role in your daily life and career aspirations?
- Candidates must also provide an unofficial transcript, demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- A recommendation letter written by someone who can attest to the applicant’s leadership goals, achievements, and capabilities.
The 2017 Kerri Castellini Women’s Leadership Scholarship winner will be announced in Winter of 2017.
Application Deadline and Submission
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you must submit your completed application on or before November 31, 2017. All materials must be submitted in one package via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.